Tuesday, February 17, 2009

End Blog 3: Which character is the loneliest?

Which character do you believe is the loneliest in the book and why? What evidence of isolation is given?

38 comments:

  1. I think Crooks is the loneliest guy in the book. He is lonely because he is black and the other guys dont treat black people well. He has to stay out in the barn by himself and he is not allowed to go in the others bunkhouses or talk to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the book i think Crook is the loneliest because, he does live by his self and is isolated from everybody, that basically is the reason why i think he is really lonly. Plus he never has anyone to talk to or doesn't live with anyone, and when he is around someone even if it's just for ten minutes, he tells his whole life story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that crooks is the lonliest in the book because, the way people were back in the 1930s, he had no choice to be lonely or not. they were all very racist back then and that was one of the many reasons he was so isolated from everyone. as soon as lennie wanted to talk to him, crooks just spilled out his whole life story to him. he just wanted someone to talk to and for them to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think crooks is the loneliest character in the book. It seemed like all of the characters had groups of people they were always with and crook was never involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that George is actually the loneliest character in this book. At first I thought it was Lennie, and then Crooks, but by the end I believed that it was George who was lonely. Lennie had George to keep him company and take care of him, and George technically had Lennie there with him, but he couldn't actually talk to Lennie or anything like that because he wouldn't understand. Crooks was also lonely, but I don't think he was as bad off as George.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think that the loneliest character is George. i think this because even though he has Lennie, he cant really talk to him about things for the fact that he is mildly retarded and cant comprehend things a normal person can. i also think this because people tend to ask more about Lennie and talk to him, more than they do George.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crooks is easily the loneliest character. For example he lives by himself and the only time he gets to spend with other people is when they play horseshoes. Even then they are too competetive to even really talk to him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe that Crooks is the loneliest character in the book because he has to live alone in the one room while all of the other ranch hands bunk together in the same room. He has no one elses company but they all have each others. When Lennie and Candy came into his room he talked to them and didn't worry about the pain in his back the whole time they were there, but as soon as they left he was in pain again, rubbing the liniment on his back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that the lonliest character in the book is Crooks. First of all, he is african american, and back then, racism was in full force. He was isolated in his own little room which was part of the barn, and nobody ever came in to visit. He wasnt allowed in on certain events or activities, and a lot of people thought he smelled bad. So most people kept there distance. He is always in his room rubbing linament on his spine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Crooks is the lonliest. When he was younger he had friends and they were white. He and his brothers used to do everything together. Now that he is a ranch-hand he is seperated from the other ranch-hands because he's black and they don't like either. He spends time alone in his bunk a lot and he said that not talking to anyone else will drive somone crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe Crooks is the loneliest character. He never has anyone to talk to until Lennie came along. He was so isolated from everyone else. He was all alone rubbing lintamint on his back. When Curlys wife told him what to do he listened because he knows he is alone and nobody will have his back if he rebels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe Crooks is by far the loneliest character in the book. I say this because for one, he lives alone in his own little room away from all the other ranchers. He is African American, and that adds to it. He sits alone in his room and doens't talk to anyone. At one point, he let Lennie in his room; which is really rare. Crooks ended up spilling his whole life story to Lennie, this is just automatically a sign of lonlieness. Some other evidence is Crooks says he wants to be apart of the dream. He was tired of being alone, Crooks was finally out of his shell. Then in the end, Crooks doesn't want to go anymore. Crooks is once a loner, always a loner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The character that I think is the loneliest in the book would have to be Crooks. The reason why is because he stays in his room by himself all the time, 24/7. He doesn't do anything but rub the liminent on his back. And, he asks if he can come along with Lennie and George dream.

    ReplyDelete
  14. crooks is the lonliest ranch hands because he's african american and he is not to be around all of the others. crooks has to be in his own bunk house, and no one talks to him

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that crooks is the loneliest character. I think he is the loneliest because he isnt aloud to stay with the other workers. The other workers dont treat him very well because he is black.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There were a lot of characters who were lonely in Of Mice and Men. I think Crooks was loneliest because he didn't have anyone to talk to. He was stuck in his own bunk, handicapped, and he was old. I think he was definately the loneliest of all the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think Crooks is the loneliest in the book because he is isolated from the rest. In the book, Crooks explains how he's in his own room because he's black and looked down upon. He also says that people think he stinks. Crooks has been forced to live by himself for so long and instantly began to become less lonely when Lennie came in to talk to him. Crooks also began to feel better when he wanted to be part of the dream. The book is real descriptive in telling the audience how lonely a life Crooks lived.

    ReplyDelete
  18. In my opinion, I feel that Curly's wife is the loneliest in the book. Multiple times you see throughout the book that she will go to anyone to talk to. People claim that she's a whore but I think it's much more than that. She was forced to not talk to anyone because she was a woman. If i wasn't allowed to talk to anyone I would be terribly lonely to. In the end, it does show up that she was so lonely she'll tell her life story to anyone just to have the littlest bit of attention.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Crooks is the lonliest character in the book. He honestly has nobody thanks to Curly's wife. He was in the process of having many friends and now he has nobody.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that Crooks is by far the lonliest character in the book. I think he's the lonliest because he spends all of his days alone in his own room and only having horses to talk to. That would drive me insane. I need to talk to people. He jumped at the chance to talk to Lennie who had no clue what Crooks was talking about. You can see how desperate he is for any kind of company.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i think that the lonliest character in this book was curlys wife becasue if she wasnt lonley she wouldnt be looking for so much attention from everyone on the ranch and be flirting so much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. In the book Mice and Men i belive that Crooks is the loliest person in this book. Crooks is a poor African-American old grumpy man. who is forced to live all alone just because of his race. He likes it when people want to hang out, but at like first he was shocked and suprised that Lennie had come into talk to him. And he actually wanted to join the "American Dream" until curly's wife came in and screwed it up by putting poor old crooks in his place. "RAPE"

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think lennie was the lonliest in this book. Because he was hanging out with george the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think Crooks is the loneliest charter in the book because of the fact that he was black all he could do was read and work.Also you can see how much he wanted to go with Lennie,George and Candy before Curly's wife came in.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think Crooks was the lonliest person in the book because Crooks never had anyone to talk to. He stayed in the barn all day long rubbing ointment on his back. Crooks also told his life story to lennie for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  26. in my opinion i think that Crooks is the lonliest person in the story, because he is always getting disowned because he is black. and no one ever wants to do anything with the black man, and he really isn't in the best condition considering his back problem,and in the story he was talking about how he has no one to talk to about what was going on or what he was goijng to do

    ReplyDelete
  27. I believe that Goerge is the lonliest character in the book. I think this because yes he has Lennie but how good of a friend is some one that can't understand you. I understand that yes they were really close but you can't have a friend who doesn't understand you when they seem to have a hard time understandcing themselves let alone what is going on around them. Lennie was a really nice guy and really admired George but he could never be the kind of friend that George needed.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think that crooks was the lonelyest one out of every one. I say this because he was not aloud to stay in the bunk house he had a room all to him self in the barn because every one said that he stunk only becvause he was black. It also showed when lennie and candy came into his room talking about their dream and crooks said about going but then he changed his mind and just decided to stay at the barn by himself.

    ReplyDelete
  29. In my own opinion I think that Crooks is the lonliest person in the book. I belive this because every one else could have been lonley but because he is black because of the simple color of his skin no body wanted any thing to do with him. And because of this no body talks to him no one wants to do anything with him. And its all because he's black because of this no one will take any time to get to know him. no body cares because he's black.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i think that george is the loniest in the book. i think that he is because throught the story lennie was just someone who would do what george tells him to and he ended up getting shot by george anyways so i think george is the loniest.

    ReplyDelete
  31. i think the lonliest charecter in this book was curlys wife becasue she was in the house all day alone. an dif she wasnt in the house she was outside trying to find someone to talk to and just hang out with. plus she was the only girl iin the house

    ReplyDelete
  32. Right now I think George is the lonliest.I say this because he had to kill Lennie,his best freind.Who would go anywhere and everywhere wth George without hesatating?So yeah George is the lonliest.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think that crooks is the lonelyist in the book because he is the only black man and he life is like a cycle he was is the shead and he was rubbing the litiment on his back and he is always by himself

    ReplyDelete
  34. I feel that crooks is the lonelyest person in the story becouse he is seclude from the others, becouse a he do's is tend the horses, and read. he starts the day putting ointment on his back and he ends the day putting ointment on his back.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think crooks is lonienest person because he is black. He has to clean up after the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  36. i think candy is the most lonely of all. he now has no dog, no dream of a ranch, and no future except the same ranch being a cleaning guy.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think that Crooks is easily the lonliest character in the book. One, he is the only black person on the whole ranch and people don't let him forget it. Also, you can really tell how lonely he is just from jumping to try and talk to Lennie because Lennie isn't exactly the smartest person ever.

    ReplyDelete
  38. i believe that Crooks is the lonliest person im the book because he is isolated from the other workers on the ranch and just for the fact that he is a black man.

    ReplyDelete