Tuesday, February 17, 2009

End Blog 1: React to the end of the book

React to the end of the book Of Mice and Men. How did you feel? Were you surprised? Were you angry? Did you like the ending John Steinbeck chose for Lennie and George, and explain the reason you feel as you do.

42 comments:

  1. The ending of the book was kind of surprising, and I was shocked that George would kill Lennie after all they went through. I think it was mean of George to kill Lennie, because Lennie had no idea of what was happening and George just killed without thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the end of the book it was suprising! I wasn't angry, i mean its just a book but i didn't think that George would actually shoot Lennie. No i think the ending was dumb, George shot lennie then basically it was over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was suprised that george would kill his bestfriend. Lennie was like his brother, and personally, i couldn't ever kill one of my siblings reguardless of how much they were suffering. i do not like the ending John Steinbeck chose because it would've been a better ending if they would have made it to their dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt mad that Lennie got shot. I didnt like the end of the book at all it really upset me. I think that George wouldnt have been able to complete his American Dream with Lennie he was a big part in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. at the end of the book i was shocked. i felt as if the ending of the book was a page turner and i couldnt put it down til i finished it. i wouldnt say i was angry because the end put a twist in the story. i liked the ending because it shows that no matter what problems you run from, they're always gonna come back around and bite you in the butt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the end of the book, i was in shock. I just really couldnt believe that he could shoot someone like that. Especially from how close they were and how strong there friendship was. It kind of put me in a bad mood at the moment. At first, this is how i felt, but then i realized its something George had to do. I wouldn't have had ended the book this way, but again, it was just something George had to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't surprised to much because of candy's dog in chapter 3. I was a little sad because Lennie was the main character and stienbeck really makes you like him. I like it but not much. I like the hardship that George has to face which makes a good book. I don't however don't like the fact that Lennie dies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the end of the book but I was angry that Lennie had to die. I liked his character. But I cant think of another way to end the story. I didnt see it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. at the end of this book i felt confused and upset. i dont think george should have killed him, but i did take what curly or somebody else could have done to him into consideration. i was angry that he was killed, but lennie didnt understand why everything he touched died. it was a twisted ending i did kind of like it, it was different and i didnt expect that to happen therefore it cought me by surprise

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I read the end of the book I was slightly surprised about what happened. I was a little angry that Lennie was shot, but it was probably the best thing for him in reality. I did not like the ending, mostly because it was basically that Lennie got shot and that was it. It didn't say anything about what George felt like after he did it, what happened to George afterwards, or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At the end of the book I was a little surprised because I didn't expect George to kill Lennie. Of all endings this one was good because Lennie did die but he died in a non-painful way like he would have if Curley would have found him before George killed him. I think that the ending would have really bad if Curley would have come into the picture before George killed Lennie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The end of Mice and Men really was a shocker. I was surprised about who killed Lennie but i wasn't suprised that he was killed. I knew that Lennie being shot was coming. It made me angry at first that John Steinback did chose this as the ending. After a few days, i realized that having Lennie get shot by George made a lot more sense and had some meaning. It would have been an even worse ending i think if Curly was the one to kill Lennie. Deaths at the end of books are never really fun. They are sad and not good endings, but in John's case it had some meaning. It shows how George just did to as the best possible way of death for Lennie because we all knew death was in his future.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was actually surprised when I read that George shot Lennie. I thought it was shocking that he did that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was not surprised by the end of the book. I felt like I knew exactly what was going to happen. I felt bad that Lennie was killed and that Lennie and George's American dream was ruined, but I think George made the right decision to kill Lennie before Curley got ahold of him. I like the ending that John Steinbeck chose for Lennie and George because it shows that life was tough and that life brought tough decisions. If he would have had a happy ending, it would have led people to believe that the Great Depression wasn't all that bad and that people accomplished their dreams during that time period.

    ReplyDelete
  15. At first I really didn't like the ending. I was really surprised by what happened. I never expected George to shoot Lennie. After considering the other outcome of Curly finding Lennie and killing him, I think George killing him was for the best. Like how Candy regretted letting someone who hated his dog shoot it, I think George would have regretted letting someone who hated Lennie shoot him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whenever i was reading the part of the book where George kills Lennie, i was in shock. I didn't seen it coming. I really thought that Curly was going to kill him but I never thought of George, his best friend, killing him. I didn't like the ending John Steinbeck chose for Lennie and George it was just wrong, it was sad and depressing. It may sound like i wouldn't want Lennie to get killed but he was on his way down that road, he wouldn't of lasted much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I personally did not like the ending of this book at all. I was very surprised actually because I did not ever think that George would just shoot Lennie because he got in trouble. Just because he did somethin wrong that does not make him any less of a person and he didn't deserve to die for it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. After reading the end of the book I had a feeling of disapointment. I also was shocked at Lennies killing. I couldn't believe that George actually had the courage to kill his best friend. I have to admit i was a bit mad at the author and George. I was mad at George because, I myself would never have the courage to shoot my best friend, even if it was for their better well being. However, I was also mad at Steinback. I personally would have prefered that he left the book at a point where Lennie was running away. This would allow the reader to think possitively like he might have had a chance to live, but of course not.

    ReplyDelete
  19. At the end of the book i was very angry because i didnt think that George was going to kill lennie. I didnt like the ending of the book because i didnt like how George killed lennie. I feel this way becuase i wanted lennie and george to make their dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The end of the book was kind of suprising because George wouldnt seem like the kind of person to kill someone, and it was unexpected. I really didnt like the ending because i didnt think that Lennie should have been killed since he really didnt know any better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was really upset that george killed lennie. I didn't think he would do such a thing. I really didn't like the ending. I don't think that lennie should have been killed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The end of mice and men was not surprising because i have already read mice and men twice. But when i first read this i did feel suprised because like i know where George is coming from. I'm not saying that i would shoot someone because they are mentally retarded. But i think what George did was disrespectful. Lennie would never ever shoot George. But like George shot him because he didn't want Lennie to have to be made fun of or left out etc; just because of Lennie's condition.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i was surprised. i didnt thinki george would shoot lennie. i mean george helped lennie as much as he could through out the book. but i think he did it to take lennie outta his missery because i mean lennie never knew what was going on anyway. so it kind o fhelped him.

    ReplyDelete
  24. personally i hated the ending, because if they were true friends then George would've stood up for him and tried to fight back against everyone else. Because the two guys coming out of the brush not knowing what was going on past it, could've been shot easily by george with the luger, and then the to people with guns would be dead and harmless, and then tell the other ones to stay where they are, or he'll shoot them. but he saved lennie from the harsh death that was coming for him so it really wasn't that bad, but wasnt the best

    ReplyDelete
  25. the end of the book was kind of a suprise to me because i didnt think that george would be able to shoot lennie. I liked the end of the book up it really made me sad because they shot lennie even thought he didnt realize what he was doing

    ReplyDelete
  26. The end of the book was surprising because Lennie was Georges best friend. I thought George was going to let lennie run and George would disstract the others and meet up with lennie later.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The end of the book was a tragedy but it was also expected. I saw something tragic happening to one of the characters and I figured it would be Lennie after the way they talked about Candy's dog. To me this was cruel but it was necessary because if he wasn't killed he would have been chased for the rest of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was really just shocked at the fact about George shooting Lennie.I mean like I knew it was going to happen but I still was just thinking like, how hard was for George to do what he did.I wasn't angry at all about it.it was just the simple fact about it.I did but at the same time I didn't.John Steinback could've at least picked a different ending.But if you read it,the whole chapter had meaning to it .

    ReplyDelete
  29. My first reaction was man that sucked. Also I was a little angry with the ending of the book they just had to kill Lennie. I really didn't like the ending of the book I thought its was a waste. I didn't like it because he killed Lennie. I can usnderstand why he did it I just didn't like that.

    ReplyDelete
  30. My reaction to the book is that i was suprised but at the same time i wasent because i think that lennie had it comming to him thee man didnt know his own strength but i think that he knew after a while it may get old to somr people but you have to be patient with people with special need.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I was suprised when george killed lennie becouse he was his best friend. I can also see the reason for shoting him becouse he didn't lennie to feel a thing. i was sad with the ending of the book becouse i would have thought they would've flead to a diffrent place.

    ReplyDelete
  32. i think that the end of the book was kinda obvious that lennie was going to die. i think this because, lennie is always getting his self in trouble, like getting run out of weed and they wanted to lynch him. also because i thought lennie was going to get killed by curlys wife, from her finding out that it was lennie who broke curlys hand not a machine. but it happend the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  33. the end of the book did anger me a little because lennie got shot. I was very suprised that george would actually shoot lennie. It was probably for the best though. I am mad because i wanted george and lennies dream to come true.

    ReplyDelete
  34. i think that george did what he had to due not for the personal gain, but lennie was a threat to himself and others and he had to be stopped one way or another, yes they could have caught him, but what they would have done to him would probably have been worse than george shooting him in the head.

    ReplyDelete
  35. it really kinda surprised me the way the book ended it had to be hard for gorge to kill his best friend but it was something he had to do i dont really agree with how it ended but i think that it was the best thing to do its kinda like they had to kill one to save a million if that makes sence ='{

    ReplyDelete
  36. i was surprised by the way the book ended. in the begining of the book i thought that they where going to acheive their goal, but lennie kept being dumb and doing stupid stuff. i also was surprised to find out that george killed him in the end but i guess it was to help him.

    ReplyDelete
  37. MY first reaction was that's bad for lennie.I was angry because i thought lennie was the best charecter. i didn't really like then end of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  38. i thought that the ending he wrote for the book was very deciding. you didnt know what was going to happen,but the ending that i thought was going to happen was that lennie was going to get very angre and go on a rampage and kill curly and candy and the boss. but george shoot lennie for his own good because if he didnt then lennie just would have keep petting things and killing them but im glad george shoot him so that someone else that lennie didnt like shoot him

    ReplyDelete
  39. I thought the end of the "Mice and Men" was really sad. I do and i don't understand why george shot Lennie. George did it for himself and for Lennie. I think that George did it for the reason that Lennie was ruining his life and that Lennie was just too much for George. Lennie was just getting in so much trouble George couldn't take it anymore.
    George did it for Lennie to because what if something happened to George? Lennie wouldn't be able to live by himself and take care of himself. Also, Lennie was alwasyd in his own little world and never understood anyone or anything. I just don't understand,why george would kill Lennie? Lennie was like his bestfriend. George needed Lennie as much as Lennie needed him. Yeah, George will get to do whatever he wants now but he will never have someone that loved and needed him as much as Lennie did. Now George will have to live with that for the rest of his life.!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I Really liked the ending of Mice and Men but it made me sad how George had to kill Lenny the way he did and how Lennie really trusted George until the end.

    ReplyDelete
  41. the ending didn't suprise me. i guessed it was going to happen, just not that way. it didn't make me angry, and the author could've changed a lot in the story, but then it wouldn't be the same story, now would it?

    ReplyDelete
  42. I think that the end of the book was very unexpected. I was pretty dissapointed in the ending because Lennie died. Even though Lennie may have been killed back at the ranch, I think that George should have just fled with Lennie instead of killing him. So I really didn't like the end the end of the book.

    ReplyDelete