Monday, January 26, 2009

Dogs can teach tricks, too!


"If I stare at the wall, I won't eat a cupcake. If I stare at the wall, I won't eat a cupcake..."


Sometimes it is really difficult to follow directions, however, following directions is a fundamental skill you will use your entire life, not just for writing 5 paragraph essays.

After watching the clip of Stains the dog, follow these directions for your blog today. Be as creative as you want, but be appropriate!

1. Pretend you are Stains, staring at that plate of cupcakes while the trainer gives you the direction "away!" What is he thinking as he makes that face?

2. Write what you think Stains is thinking, expressing the emotions you think he is feeling. It can be one sentence or several.

3. Put quotation marks around your caption to show that it is something Stains might be saying.

4. Read the captions your classmates list. Respond to one you think is really funny.

86 comments:

  1. "If I zone them out; my master and the cupcakes, i'll be fine. Just let me get into my dead stare!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I really want to eat a cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I really want that cupcake!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I NEED those cupcakes! Maybe today is opposite day and she actually wants me to eat the cupcakes!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. "who does she think she is telling me no" The dog is upset because he cant eat what there eating and its right infront of them

    ReplyDelete
  6. "you can give me a cupcake or i can thank them all."

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Okay, fine! I'll look AWAY, I'll look AWAY! Look away from the cupcakes."

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Those cupcakes sooo yummmmmmmy! (:"

    ReplyDelete
  9. "if i stand here long enough she might think im not here."

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Be the cupcake. I am the cupcake. I will not eat myself."

    ReplyDelete
  11. "wait.. where's the sprinkles?"

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I might not get these cupcakes, but at least she doesn't know about the brownies under the floorboards."

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Im strong im not weak i wont eat those cupcakes"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stains is probably thinking about how bad he wants a cupcake but cannot have one. "I really want one but I have to listen to my trainer"

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like ryans but he forgot about the cake in the walls

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought Ryan's was pretty funny

    ReplyDelete
  17. logan, yours is origanal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Taylor's is really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. " man i really want that cupcake"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ryan, yours made me giggle. I didn't even think of that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. "but, but, but..........i thought i was being a good dog."

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Away? What? What are you talking about? Give me a cupcake!"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kelsey O. hahaahha exactly what i was thinking. i mean whats a cupcake without the sprinkles?!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Taylor, i like yourss!

    ReplyDelete
  25. "Don't think about the cupcakes, pretend they aren't there."

    ReplyDelete
  26. " I really want those cupcakes but I'll be a strong dog and sit here and wait"

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like Taylor's. That's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  28. "i'll just wait til she puts the plate down, or looks away."

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ryan's is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love yous Mallory!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Taylor's is relly funny.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Tara yours is nice

    ReplyDelete
  33. hahha Ryan, i like yours alot. It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Taylor yours is really funny

    ReplyDelete
  35. Kelcie, very true. Every cupcake needs sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nicol's was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think logans is really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  38. "I'll just wait and take one when she is not looking" Stains is upset because he is not aloud to have a cupcake until he is told. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. "BUT I THOUGHT I WAS BEING A GOOD DOG...CANT I JUST HAVE ONE, MAYBE EVEN A LITTLE NIBBLE"

    ReplyDelete
  40. "Those aren't even real."

    ReplyDelete
  41. "There are cupcake in front of me why would i stay away?"

    ReplyDelete
  42. " if only i had a stash and a camaro so i could drive past and eat those cupcakes."

    ReplyDelete
  43. "aww come on all i wanted was just a little nibble"

    ReplyDelete
  44. "Oh no I can't eat this it will go strait to my hips."

    ReplyDelete
  45. " this is mean do they want me to die of hunger i cant take this."

    ReplyDelete
  46. " you think i am listening to her but i am not. i am just rembering what happen last time i ate something she made." "what a mess that turned out to be."

    ReplyDelete
  47. "Hey if i dont get one then i got a motive for pooping in her bed."

    ReplyDelete
  48. " I really need those cupcakes. "

    ReplyDelete
  49. "if you dont give me thoes ill bite your hand off."

    ReplyDelete
  50. "I want some cupcakes but i will be a good dog and PLEASE CAN I HAVE A CUPCAKE!"

    ReplyDelete
  51. " The cupcakes will be mine , just drop the plate and walk away so it looks like I listened to you."

    ReplyDelete
  52. "Why dont you just give me one women thats all i ask for."

    ReplyDelete
  53. "Cupcakes,cupcakess.!"

    "Awayy.!." said the trainer.

    "Wait first you put them in my face and now you say "away."

    "No wonder we dogs don't listen."

    ReplyDelete
  54. "That LADY is more interesting then the cupcakes! LADDDYYYYYYYYYY"

    ReplyDelete
  55. "I will think about eating the cupcakes but i know i cant have one but all i am asking for is ONE CUPCAKE PLEASE JUST ONE LITTLE CUPCAKE!"

    ReplyDelete
  56. "The cupcakes look so good. mabye i won't get into to much trouble if i eat just one."

    ReplyDelete
  57. wow donnie that was original

    ReplyDelete
  58. I like yours Donnie.

    ReplyDelete
  59. " If i cant get none of them i will die."

    ReplyDelete
  60. "I think I'm having a stroke X_X"

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wow comisack a camaro and a stash. Nice

    ReplyDelete
  62. Idk who's his the best because all of them are good o.O

    ReplyDelete
  63. Jusitne's ios really cute. I think it was creative.

    ReplyDelete
  64. breanna that was funny

    ReplyDelete
  65. Nice Blake, thats funny.

    ReplyDelete
  66. i liked nellys (aka adam daniels)it was very funny

    ReplyDelete
  67. "you just want one" yay tori

    ReplyDelete
  68. travis of course you do.

    ReplyDelete
  69. wow Adam your's was funny hahahaha lol

    ReplyDelete
  70. I think that tori's was really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Stash and a Camaro, good one Den Den

    ReplyDelete
  72. "trust me i dont want one.... just thinkin about it makes me want to puke."

    ReplyDelete
  73. I think Ashley P was funny

    ReplyDelete
  74. " I do mean things to people who take my cup cakes"

    ReplyDelete
  75. tori yours is the best and the funniest and your really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Stains is probably thinking up a plan like; "...what does this away mean again? maybe if i dont move, they will get bored and leave the room." Stains looks confused beyond reason.

    Nicole M's was creative.

    ReplyDelete
  77. i would change the fighting in this country. There is alot of fighting. I wish there wasnt.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I would stop all the fighting because I just hate fighting. All people should get along just fine. There is no reason for this.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I think the dog is trying as hard as he can but he can't resist it.

    ReplyDelete
  80. "Why don't you go 'away' and leave these cupcakes alone..with me? I'll take good care of them"

    ReplyDelete